POLYPROPYLENE-COMPATIBLE WIRE ROPE DRESSING & RUST PREVENTATIVE
XL6570 is an isopropanol solvent-cut Wire Rope Field Dressing that is formulated to be compatible with polypropylene sheathed cables. XL6570 should be applied immediately after the rope has been installed to protect against the potential onset of corrosion within the core.
The solvent-cut XL6570 offers the following advantages:
• Penetrates all the way to the core
• Solvent evaporates quickly, allowing the rope to be used shortly after dressing
• Provides extreme pressure lubrication
• Protects against the corrosive effects of water and brine
• Excellent low temperature flexibility
• Resists excessive dirt pick-up
XL6570 is most effectively applied when the rope is in motion, and preferably while it is being bent over a sheave or pulley. Bending opens the spaces between the strands so that the dressing can penetrate to the interior and into the rope core.
XL6570 may be further diluted with isopropanol alcohol to the consistency desired for application by spray (airless), brush, or dip coating.
XL6570 may be removed by any solvent compatible with polypropylene.
Flash Point (minimum with solvent)
Flash Point (after evaporation)
5% Salt Spray