WIRE ROPE AND CHAIN LUBRICANT
FIELD DRESSING & RUST PREVENTATIVE
XL6501 is a solvent cut Wire Rope Field Dressing that should be applied immediately after a rope has been installed, to protect against the potential onset of corrosion within the core.
The solvent-cut XL6501 offers the following advantages:
• Softens old dressing materials to make the rope more receptive to new dressing.
• Penetrates all the way to the rope core
• Evaporates quickly, allowing the rope to be used shortly after dressing
• Provides Extreme Pressure lubrication
• Protects against the corrosive effects of water and brine
• Water emulsifying (slight)
• Excellent low temperature flexibility
• Resists excessive dirt pick-up
XL6501 is effectively applied when the rope is in motion, and preferably while it is being bent over a sheave or pulley. Bending opens the spaces between the strands so that the dressing can penetrate to the interior and ultimately the rope core.
When using XL6051 to lubricate chains, be sure to apply the product directly into the link pins, and in thin layers.
XL6501 may be further diluted with compatible solvents to the consistency desired for application by spray, brush, or dip coating.
REMOVAL: XL6501 may be removed with petroleum solvents.
Flash Point (minimum, dry)
5% Salt Spray
|Clear / Yellow|