FIRE-RESISTANT WATER-GLYCOL HYDRAULIC FLUID
XL5146 provides a safer working environment for those applications where hydraulic piping might rupture and spray fluid onto hot surfaces and ignite with resultant hazard to plant personnel and equipment.
XL5146 is a Group 1 Factory Mutual approved fluid and is approved by the Canadian Centre for Mineral and Energy Technology (CANMET) for use in underground mining applications.
• Lubricating agents provide good anti-wear characteristics.
• Corrosion inhibited to protect ferrous and non-ferrous components; both liquid and vapor phases.
• More environmentally manageable than other fire resistant fluids.
• Low pour point
• Protects pumps and system components from premature wear and failure.
• Extends equipment life, reduces downtime and maintenance costs.
• More acceptable in today’s environmentally conscious society.
• Ease of start up over a broad operating range.
|Product Code: XL0830|
|Viscosity (cSt @ 40°C) (ASTM D-445)||41 - 48|
|Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)||185|
|Pour Point (°C) (ASTM D-97)||< -50|
|Corrosion Protection (ASTM D-665A)||Pass|
|Water Content (% weight)||38.0 – 40.5|
|pH @ 25°C||9.0 – 10.0|
|Alkalinity*||165 - 205|
|*mL of 0.1N hydrochloric acid needed to neutralize 100ml of fluid to a pH of 5.5|
|Wear Test - VICKERS V-104 8 gpm Vane Pump|
|Wear rate: mg/hr**|
|1900 psig||0.05 (<0.2)|
|1950 psig||0.05 (<0.2)|
|** Vickers Hydraulic Pump Test, mg wear/hr modified ASTM D-2882 – 100 hrs|
|Test Operating Parameters:|
|Pump speed||1200 rpm|
|Quantity of oil||5 litres|
|Water Correction Material|
XL5146 is available in 20L pails, 205L drums, 1100L semi bulk containers and bulk
shipment as required.